(4) Position 5-ton crane or equivalent over center of pallet.
(5) Secure sling to two rear comer lifting eyes of pallet with clevis and pin.
(6) Place sling hooks through two front corner lifting eyes of pallet.
To avoid serious injury or damage to equipment, align lift cable and hook
perpendicular with pallet.
(7) Secure sling lifting eye over lift cable hook; play in cable to take up slack.
(8) Attach guide lines at front and rear of pallet on crane side of pallet and guide pallet nose anchor into
boom guide channel.
To avoid death or serious injury, never stand near or cross under hoisted pallet.
(9) Hoist pallet with a slow, smooth motion and position over transporter.
(10) Slowly lower pallet onto transporter, ensuring that the rear tiedown pins align with transporter rear
hooks and that the nose anchor aligns with transporter boom guide.
(11) Attach transporter winch cable hook to pallet lift pin.
(12) Ensure parking brake and brake lock are engaged. Depress and hold clutch pedal, place
transmission shift lever in neutral, engage transfer and PTO lever for hydraulic pump and release clutch pedal.
(13) Set hand or remote throttle to increase engine speed to 1700 rpm.
(14) Use winch-m control lever to winch in pallet until it seats in boom sheave guide.
(15) Using pin-in control lever, engage cylinder locking pin and secure bracket quick-release pin.
Figure 2-6. Slinging Pallet.