Figure 4-4. Axle and Roller, Removal and Installation.
(1) Position roller between holes in support plates.
(2) Install axle through holes in support plates and roller, using a soft hammer if necessary.
(3) Align axle pin hole with pin hole in support plate.
(4) Install spring pin in support plate pin hole. Drive spring pin flush with support plate.
4-14. Identification, Data and Instructions Plates.
(1) Use a 1/16-inch drift pin and drive the mandrel from center of rivets (figure 4-5).
(2) Remove rivets securing plates and remove plates from pallet.
b. Inspection and Repair.
(1) Check if plates are cracked, worn or illegible.
(2) Replace any damaged plates.
(1) Position plate on cargo pallet and secure in place with four drive rivets.
(2) Scribe or stamp pallet serial number on new identification plate.
4-15. Pallet Frame and Deck.
a. Inspection. Inspect for cracks, breaks, punctures or tears.
b. Repair. Report damaged pallets to direct support maintenance.