Z - Nonreparable item. When unserviceable, condemn and dispose of the item at the level of maintenance
shown in 3rd position of SMR Code.
O - Reparable item. When not economically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at unit or AVUM
F - Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at the direct
support or AVIM level.
H - Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at the general
D - Reparable item. When beyond lower level repair capability, return to depot. Condemnation and
disposal of item not authorized below depot level.
L - Reparable item. Condemnation and disposal not authorized below specialized repair activity (SRA).
A - Item requires special handling or condemnation procedures because of specific reasons (e.g., precious
metal content, high dollar value, critical material, or hazardous material). Refer to appropriate
manuals/directives for specific instructions.
c. CAGEC (Column (3)). The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5-digit numeric code
which is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency/activity that supplies the item.
d. PART NUMBER (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer, (individual, company,
firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications, standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a different part
number from the part ordered.
e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (5). This column includes the following information:
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) The physical security classification of the item is indicated by the parenthetical entry, e.g., Phy Sec C1 (C)-
Confidential, Phy Sec C1 (S)-Secret, Phy Sec C1 (T)-Top-Secret.
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled item line
(5) Part numbers of bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line entry for the item to be
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers are shown
on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (reference paragraph 5, Special Information).