ARMY TM 5-5420-212-23
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-23/2
2-47 AUNCHING NOSE LINK
This task covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's, Automotive (GMTK) (1, Appendix B, Section III)
Thread locking compound (4, Appendix C)
Cleaning solvent (3, Appendix C)
Link on raised flat surface.
(1) Check that spacers (1) and (2) are tight and secure on plugs (3) and (4) and that both are secure in link (5).
(2) Check the chain/washer assembly (6) for damage and rusting.
(3) Check that chain/washer assembly (6) is secured in plug (3) with split pin (7)
(1) Using screwdriver and vise grips, remove split pin (7) from plug (3).
Note position of largest plug (3)
(2) Using two pairs of vise grips unscrew spacers (1) and (2) from plugs (3) and (4).
Cleaning solvent, is toxic and flammable. Use only in well ventilated area and avoid prolonged
breathing of fumes. Keep solvent away from flames. Do not use in excessive amounts and avoid