ARMY TM 5-5420-212-23
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-23/3
(1) Remove all grease, oil and dirt from jack surfaces.
(2) Loosen release valve screw (1) 1 1/2 turns and press ram down as far as it will go.
(3) Remove dipstick/filler screw (2).
(4) Drain oil into suitable container, approximately 2 5/8 pints (1.5 liters).
(5) Remove keeper plate (3), cap pin (4), lock washer (5), swivel cradle (6) and swivel cradle seat (7).
(6) Remove six base screws (8). Do not remove center base plug.
(7) Using a plastic mallet, tap the toe of the base (9) until free from seal, then drain off remaining oil into container.
(8) Continue tapping base with plastic mallet until it separates from body (10).
(9) Remove pump plunger (11) from pump barrel (12).
(10) Remove base gasket (13) and filter (14).
(11) Unscrew ram liner (15) from base by holding liner, possibly in a soft-jawed vice, and tapping base with plastic
Examine condition of oil remaining in base to give an indication of wear.
(12) Remove pump barrel (12) by holding base in soft-jawed vice, and using box wrench or socket on barrel.
Do not disassemble pressure relief valve (16).
(13) Remove pressure relief valve body (16) from base. Do not use key on internal hexagon as this disassembles
pressure relief valve. Use box wrench on outer hexagon.
(14) Remove sealing ring (17) from base.
(15) Unscrew and remove screws (18) from release valve instruction plate (19), then remove plate.
(16) Remove release valve screw (1) release valve (20) and spring (21).
(17) Remove delivery valve screw (22), spring (23) and ball bearing (24).
(18) Remove suction valve screw (25), spring (26) and ball bearing (27).
(19) Remove grub screw (28) and ball bearing (29).
(20) Remove base plug (30) and base plug seal (31).
(21) Push ram (32) out of bottom of liner (15); do not use excessive force, and keep hand around ram so that
springs (33) do not jump out when control rings (34) clear bottom of liner.