ARMY TM 5-5420-212-23
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-23/3
(22) Unscrew trip valve cage (35), remove spring (36), ball bearing (37) and lifter pin (38). Withdraw trip bar (39).
(23) Remove ram packing (40) comprising seal and A.E ring (41).
(24) Remove gaiter seals (42) from the outside of liner, then the ram wiper retaining ring (43) and ram wiper ring
(44) from the inside.
(25) Turn body (10) upside down and scribe position of tumbler (45) on side of body, then use a drift pin to drive
out the spring pin (46) securing tumbler to quadrant shaft (47).
(26) Slide quadrant shaft (47) out of body (10) and remove tumbler (45) complete with grooved pin (48) and
(27) Remove sealing ring (50) from inside top of body (10).
Cleaning solvent is toxic and flammable. Use only in a well ventilated area and avoid prolonged
breathing of fumes. Keep solvent away from flames. Do not use in excessive amounts and avoid
Do not allow cleaning solvent to come into contact with new seals or packing.
(1) Remove and clean off all residue of base gasket from base and body.
(2) Clean all components in a bath of solvent with a brush, then dry thoroughly with compressed air.
(3) Blow through oil-ways in base, vent pipe, trip valve cage (35) and pressure relief valve body (16), with
(4) Clean filter (14) and blow through with compressed air.
(1) Inspect dipstick/filler screw (2) keeper plate (3), swivel cradle (6) and swivel cradle seat (7) for damage and
burrs. Check for bent cap pin (4), and security of dipstick in filler screw. Inspect lockwasher (5) and replace if
damaged or missing.
(2) Inspect release valve screw (1), spring (21) and release valve (20) for damage.
(3) Inspect delivery valve screw (22), spring (23) and ball bearing (24) and also the flat washer (51) for damage.
(4) Inspect suction valve screw (25), spring (26) and ball bearing (27) and also the flat washer (52) for damage.
(5) Examine the threads on the six base screws (8) for wear and check that screws are not bent.