ARMY TM 5-5420-212-23
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-23/3
(6) Inspect seating on base (9) and body (10) for damage and liner bore for wear and damage.
(7) Inspect all threads and oilways for dirt, damage and wear.
(8) Inspect quadrant jack holes (47) for wear and cracking and hole through body (10) for wear.
(9) Inspect body (10) generally for damage, particularly around top.
(10) Inspect tumbler (45), grooved pin (48) and circlips (49) for wear and obvious damage.
(11) Examine pump barrel bore (12) and pump plunger body (11) for scoring and flat washer (53) for damage.
(12) Inspect liner (15) and ram (32) for scoring and wear. Put straight edge on liner to check for deformity.
(13) Inspect all valve seats for wear and damage.
(14) Inspect lifter pin (38), ball (37), spring (36) and trip bar (39) for wear and damage.
(15) Inspect ram plug screw (54) and ram plug joint (55) for security.
(16) Examine hole in base of ram to ensure that lifter pin (38) can move freely up and down.
Replace all seals (except flat washers 51, 52 and 53 which need only be replaced If damaged) and
smear all seals and mating surfaces with oil before assembly. Fit all conical springs with small
end towards ball.
(1) Remove the old quadrant seal (56) and replace with new.
(2) Turn body (10) upside down, then insert quadrant (47) and place tumbler assembly (45) on shaft.
Ensure tumbler lines up with marks on body previously scribed. Ensure that quadrant is pressed
fully in before driving spring pin, so that it seats in groove on quadrant shaft.
(3) Drive in spring pin (46) through tumbler to secure it on shaft.
(4) Turn body right way up and insert sealing ring (50) into groove inside top of body.
(5) Replace gaiter seals (42) on ram liner (15) with smooth side facing outward.
Ensure that seal is fitted with wiper edge (sharp edge) uppermost.
(6) Replace wiper ring (44) and retaining ring (43).
(7) Stand ram (32) upside down so that ram packing (40) and A.E ring (41) can be fitted.