ARMY TM 5-5420-212-23
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-23/3
(8) Place A.E ring (41) in position on ram with flat side downward to ram.
(9) Work ram packing (40) into ram (32) until it locates correctly under flange.
(10) Insert trip bar (39), through hole in ram (32), with holes uppermost.
(11) Assemble lifter pin (38), ball bearing (37), spring (36) and trip valve cage (35) in hole, and screw trip valve
cage into ram until firmly seated.
(12) Locate control rings (34) and springs (33) in control spring groove, ensuring pins (57) have located in mating
Ensure control rings are fitted with chamfered edge towards ram packing. If fitted correctly, trip
bar will protrude over chamfered edge of control spring.
(13) Smear oil on ram (32) and inside of liner (15).
Ensure that A.E ring does not damage edge of liner bore.
(14) Holding control rings (34) closed, insert upper part of ram (32) into liner (15) until control rings are just located
in bore, then carefully feed A.E ring (41) into liner bore with ram packing (40).
(15) Fit base plug (30) and base plug seal (31) and tighten to 50 ft lb. Fit grub screw (28) and ball bearing (29) in
base and tighten to 50 ft lb.
(16) If flat washer (52) was found damaged on inspection, replace with new item, then assemble ball bearing (27),
spring (26) and screw (25) and tighten to 50 ft lb.
(17) If flat washer (51) was found damaged on inspection replace with new item, then assemble ball bearing (24),
spring (23) and screw (22) and tighten to 50 ft lb.
(18) Replace sealing ring (58) on release valve (20), then insert spring (21), release valve (20) and release valve
screw (1) and tighten, hand tight only.
(19) Replace release valve instruction plate (19) and secure with screws (18).
(20) If flat washer (53) was found damaged on inspection, replace with new item, then screw pump barrel (12) into
base and tighten to 90 ft lb.
Ensure seal (61) has flat side towards nylon washer (62).
(21) Remove circlip (59), retaining sleeve packing (60), seal (61) and A.E ring (62). Replace A.E ring (62) and seal
(61) from plunger (11).
(22) Assemble retaining sleeve packing (60) and circlip (59).
(23) If retaining clip (63) requires replacing, lock with clip ferrule (64) or locking wire.
(24) Fit plunger assembly into pump barrel (12) until lower groove is flush with top of barrel.