ARMY TM 5-5420-212-23
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-23/3
Do not disassemble pressure relief valve (16).
(25) Replace sealing ring (65) and screw in relief valve body (16). Do not use Allen key on internal hexagon as
this disassembles pressure relief valve. Use box wrench on outer hexagon.
(26) Fit new sealing ring (17) into base then screw liner (15) into base and tighten to 75 ft lb.
(27) Refit filter (14) and fit new base gasket (13). Do not use gasket sealant.
(28) Ensure that lower groove in plunger (11) is flush with top of barrel (12), then with assembled base and liner flat
on bench with toe pointing away from you, lift body (10) with left hand, and holding quadrant (47) in upper
position with right hand, carefully lower body over liner at an angle of approximately 45° so it does not
interfere with plunger.
(29) When body has cleared plunger, lower it down square to base, and allow it to rest lightly on sealing ring (50)
with quadrant still held in upper position. This will allow the body to rock backwards and forwards.
(30) Push the body to its foremost position then slowly push quadrant into lower position then pull body backwards
approximately 1/2 in (12 mm).
Grooved pin (48) should now be located under retaining clip (63).
(31) Still holding body in backward position strike top of body with plastic mallet to enable it to ride over seal and
drop onto base gasket (13).
To check for correct assembly operate quadrant up and down several times and listen for air,
pulsing from pump, at oil filler hole.
(32) Fit the six base screws (8) and tighten sequentially to 65 ft lb.
(33) Assemble swivel head seat (7), swivel cradle (6), lock washer (5) and cap pin (4). Tighten cap pin.
(34) Replace keeper plate (3) but do not overtighten.
(35) Fill with fresh, clean oil, approximately 2 5/8 pints (1 1/2 liters), 1 in (25 mm) above mark on dipstick.
(36) Replace dipstick.
(37) Remove any air from jack as follows:
(a) Tighten release valve screw (1).
(b) Insert operating handle (66) into quadrant (47).
(c) Operate pump until ram has risen approximately 3 in (76 mm).
(d) Unscrew release valve screw (1) no more than 1 to 1 1/2 turns.
(e) Push down ram as far as it will go. Listen for air.
(f) Repeat steps (a) to (e) until all air has been expelled.