ARMY TM 5-5420-212-23
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-23/3
(3) Remove flat washer (5), roller (4) and the other washer (5) from sleeve.
(4) Immerse roller (4) in boiling water for 5 minutes, then remove.
(5) Tap down firmly endways on bench, bearings (6) will then slide out.
Cleaning solvent is toxic and flammable. Use only in a well ventilated area and avoid prolonged
breathing of fumes. Keep solvent away from flames. Do not use In excessive amounts and avoid
(1) Clean parts with solvent and dry with clean cloth.
(2) Inspect all parts for wear and damage.
(1) Remove any light burrs from roller (4) with crocus cloth, provided that roller is serviceable.
(2) Replace parts that are worn or damaged.
(1) Check that all parts are clean.
(2) Pack bearings with clean, fresh grease.
(3) Immerse roller (4) in boiling water for 5 minutes, then remove.
Wiping lip of seal on each outer bearing should face outward.
(4) Slide bearings (6) into roller.
(5) Place washer (5) over flanged sleeve (3) and insert sleeve through roller, then fit another washer.
(6) Screw flanged nut (2) onto shaft and tighten with caliper face wrenches until spring pin holes are lined up.
(7) Drive spring pin (1) into position, ensuring that it does not protrude into inner bore of flanged sleeve.
(8) Spin roller to ensure freedom of movement.