ARMY TM 5-5420-212-23
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-23/3
(1) Remove any light burrs from rollers (23) with crocus cloth.
(2) Replace seals (30), spring pins (20), (21) and (27), split pins (13), and self locking nuts (4), (9), (15), (35) and
(3) If after inspection of plunger housing (6), damage/wear was found, remove screws (44), plate (45), plunger (46)
and spring (47) replacing parts as necessary.
(4) If after inspection of bearing plate assembly (12) damage was apparent, remove screws (48) securing brackets
(50) and (51), and cams (49).
(5) If after inspection of key (53) wear/damage was found, remove screws (52) and key (53) replacing as
(6) If after inspection of rubber pad (54) wear/deterioration was found, remove screws (55) and washers (56), then
remove rubber pad.
Jointing and sealing compounds are toxic and flammable. Use only in a well ventilated area and
avoid prolonged breathing of fumes. Keep away from flames. Do not use in excessive amounts.
Avoid skin contact, eye contact and Ingestion.
(1) Apply jointing compound to mating surfaces of block (43) and frame (7).
(2) Secure block in position with bolts (41), washers (42) and (40) and nut (39).
(3) Stir adhesive primer thoroughly, then brush apply a thin coat to mating surfaces of rubber supports (38) and
frame (7), and allow to dry for a minimum period of one hour.
(4) Mix together thoroughly for 5 minutes, adhesive cement and curing agent in the proportions as supplied or, by
weight, 100 parts adhesive and 6 parts curing agent and apply an even coat to both mating surfaces by brush,
roller or serrated trowel.
Ensure alignment of rubber with weld reinforced area of frame.
Two coats are preferable for maximum adhesion, in which case the first coat should dry for 20 to
30 minutes before applying the second coat and allowing this to dry for 5 to 15 minutes.
(5) Allow the adhesive to dry for 5 to 15 minutes or until it can be just touched with knuckles without any
transference of adhesive.