ARMY TM 5-5420-212-23
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-23/3
(6) Join the frame (7), and rubber blocks (38) together, with as much force as possible and leave for 10 to 20
(7) Lift pedestal (34) into position together with pin (37).
(8) Assemble washer (36) and self locking nut (35). Using box wrench combination tighten nut until pin (37) is solid
in pedestal, then back off 1/4 turn to allow movement between pedestal (34) and block (43).
Threads should be flush with top of frame and not protruding.
(9) Fit rubber pad (54) with washer (56) and screw (55), applying thread locking compound to screw threads before
Before Installation of shaft assembly check markings on stops (18), flanged nuts (28), shaft (19)
and frame (7) to ensure components are assembled In their original positions.
(10) Remove inner bearing shells from bearings (31). Pack bearings with clean, fresh grease and grease washers
(11) Immerse rollers (23) in boiling water for 5 minutes, remove then insert bearings.
(12) Insert thrust washers (29) into rollers ensuring they fit flat in the recess up against the roller bearings.
(13) With shaft (19) held securely, place inner bearing shells over one end and lock in place with flanged nut (28).
(14) Tighten and adjust flanged nut (28) until hole lines up with hole in shaft, then drive pin (27) into place.
Ensure that wiper seals on two outer bearings are facing outwards.
(15) Fit seals (30) either end of roller, by pressing them in, in a vise with protective plates positioned over the
seals. Only fit one seal at a time and grease outer diameter of seal to ease assembly.