ARMY TM 5-5420-212-23
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-23/3
(27) Turn left hand shaft clockwise and right hand shaft anti-clockwise to contact stop then check arrows on end
view of shafts to ensure shafts have been fitted correctly (see diagrams).
(28) Assemble cams (49) and brackets (50) and (51) onto bearing plate (12) and secure with screws (48).
(29) Assemble key (53) onto bearing plate and secure with screws (52).
(30) Fit pin (14) and secure with split pin (13); then fit bearing plate (12) and secure to frame with headed pins (11),
washers (10) and (9) and nuts (8).
(31) Assemble plunger assembly (6) including spring (47), plunger (46), plate (45) with screws (44), greasing the
spring before insertion.
(32) Mount plunger assembly in position on frame and secure with bolts (5), and lock nuts (4).
(33) Push bearing plate assembly fully in, and with the rollers in the up position place a straight edge across the top
of the two rollers. Use feeler gauges to measure the gap between straight edge and bearing plate.
(34) Record the dimension which should be 0.075 in (1.9 mm) minimum.
(35) Position link (3) on frame and secure with bracing pins (2) and retainer clips (1).