ARMY TM 5-5420-212-23
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-23/2
(1) NOSE PIN HOLES. For placement of nose pin used to connect jack support to baseplate.
(2) LUG. Holds fixed support in position.
(3) IDENTIFICATION PLATE. The component serial number is marked on this plate.
Baseplate, Double Story
The baseplate is used under the adjustable support as a base for the roller beam, with jack supports as a base
for the hydraulic jack to raise or lower bridge, and under the davit post assembly as a base for raising or lowering the
bridge. It can be placed on timber 3 in x 8 in x 36 in (75 mm x 200 mm x 900 mm) packing.
(1) BALL. The ball is a pivoting point for the adjustable support. It takes the bridge load from the roller beam and
distributes it through the baseplate.
(2) LEVELLING SCREW HOLES. Used for positioning of leveling screws in upright position.
(3) NOSE PIN HOLES. For placement of nose pin used to connect jack support.
(4) IDENTIFICATION PLATE. The component serial number is marked on this plate.
The fixed support, when placed in the single story baseplate, supports the roller beam in the assembly of a single
story bridge. The pivoting head permits the roller beam to rock back and forth as needed under the bridge during
booming, launching and delaunching.