ARMY TM 5-5420-212-23
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-23/2
(3) CARRYING BAR BRACKET. For connection of carrying bars used to carry panel. Three brackets on each side.
The post assembly is carried by six personnel.
(4) PULLER BRACKET. For connection of cable puller that is used to tension post.
(5) TACKLE BLOCK. For reeving of cable from puller to post. Block is placed in either one of two positions making the
assembly either right or left handed.
(6) STUB PINS. For connection of the footwalk bearer to the frame assembly.
(7) CABLE PULLER [with 20 ft (6 m) cable]. Used to pull the reinforcing post to a near vertical position.
(8) BETALIGHT. Betalights are provided for attachment to post tensioning assembly. Purpose of Betalights is to
illuminate check marks for construction at night.
(9) LINK CONNECTING BLOCK. Connects the post tensioning assembly to the reinforcing links.
TENSIONING CHECK MARKS. These are four marks painted on the tensioning frame to ensure even progress
during tensioning. There is one mark on the sliding block which will align with each of the four marks on the frame
during the tensioning operation.
IDENTIFICATION PLATE. The component serial number is marked on this plate.
The puller is used with the jacking bracket and davits to raise or lower the bridge. It is the same type of puller as
the one used on the post tensioning assembly.
Always operate In low gear.
(1) GEAR CHANGE CONTROL. For selecting high or low gear by rotating control to required position. Control cannot
be rotated until gear change plunger is raised.