ARMY TM 5-5420-212-23
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-23/2
(4) BLOCK. The pulley and toggle bar are fitted to the block.
(5) TOGGLE BAR. Connects the tackle to the link.
(6) SPRING. Keeps the toggle bar in the locked position.
Support Equipment. The support equipment needed to transport, and load/unload the bridge and erection
components is illustrated and explained in this section. The truck and trailer illustrated in paragraphs (2) and (3) are
typical and are not part of the bridge, erection and link sets.
The pallet is used to hold the bridge and erection parts for crane loading of trucks and trailers. It permits fast off-
loading of trucks and trailers, by dumping or pulling loads off.
(1) RUBBER BUFFER. Absorbs initial shock when rear of pallet hits the ground.
(2) PALLET LIFTING RINGS. Used with lifting slings on crane to lift loaded pallets onto trucks and trailers.
(3) PALLET TIE-DOWN RINGS. Used to secure pallet on truck or trailer.
(4) SHACKLES. Used to hold parts on pallets.
(5) EXTRACTOR (Same as item 3). For connection of extractor cable to remove pallets from trailer, or truck if needed.
(6) IDENTIFICATION PLATE. The component serial number is marked on this plate.