ARMY TM 5-5420-212-23
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-23/3
(3) Remove flat washer (5), roller (4) and the other flat washer (5) from sleeve.
(4) Immerse roller (4) in boiling water for 5 minutes, then remove.
(5) Tap roller (4) down firmly on bench, bearings (6) will slide out.
(6) If spring pin (7) is damaged remove from flanged sleeve (3).
Cleaning solvent is toxic and flammable. Use only in a well ventilated area and avoid prolonged
breathing of fumes. Keep solvent away from flames. Do not use In excessive amounts and avoid
(1) Clean parts with solvent and dry with clean cloth.
(2) Inspect all parts for wear and damage.
(1) Remove any light burrs from roller (4) with crocus cloth provided that roller is serviceable.
(2) Replace parts that are worn or damaged.
(1) Check that all parts are clean.
(2) Immerse roller (4) in boiling water for 5 minutes, remove, then slide bearings (6) into roller.
Wiping lip of seal on each outer bearing should face outward.
(3) When cool pack bearings (6) with clean, fresh grease.
(4) Place flat washer (5) over flanged sleeve (3) and insert sleeve through roller (4), then fit the other flat
washer (5) on flanged sleeve (3).
(5) Screw flanged nut (2) onto flanged sleeve (3) with caliper face wrenches and tighten until spring pin holes
are lined up.
(6) Drive spring pin (1) into position ensuring that it does not protrude into inner bore of sleeve.
(7) Spin roller to ensure freedom of movement then fit spring pin (7) in flanged sleeve (3).