ARMY TM 5-5420-212-23
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-23/3
(1) Remove panel pin clips (1) from bracing pins (2) securing link (3).
(2) Remove lock nuts (4) from socket cap screws (5) securing plunger housing (6) to frame (7).
(3) Remove nuts (8) and washers (9) and rubber washers (10) from pin (11 ) securing bearing plate (12), remove
(4) Remove split pin (13) from pin (14), then remove pin upwards.
Only disassemble and remove one shaft assembly at a time. On reassembly stops (18), flanged
nuts (28) must be assembled in their original positions on the shaft (19), and the shaft Inserted in
its original position and orientation in the frame (7). Therefore it is important to clearly mark the
frame, shaft, flanged nuts and stops before disassembly.
(5) Remove nuts (15) and washers (16) from bolt (17) securing stop (18) to shaft (19).
Mark which side of stop contacts rubber pad (54) for reference on assembly.
(6) Drive out indicator spring pins (20) at both ends of shaft.
(7) Drive out spring pin (21) from flanged sleeve (22) and move sleeve and roller (23) towards center of shaft.
Roller assembly at opposite end of shaft is identical.
(8) Repeat step (7) for other roller.
(9) Remove screws (24) and washers (25) from bush assemblies (26) then remove bush assemblies from frame
Mark this flanged nut and shaft as mating parts when they are removed to ensure correct
alignment on re-assembly.
(10) Drive out spring pin (27) from flanged nut (28) at one end of shaft only (L.H. end in illustration).