ARMY TM 5-5420-212-23
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-23/2
Launching Nose Cross Girder Post
The launching nose cross girder post is used to connect the cross girder to the bridge, and to permit positioning of the
cross girder in any one of eight positions.
(1) TOP LUG. Connects to lug on junction panel.
(2) CENTER LUG. Connects to compression faces of two top panels in single story construction.
(3) BOTTOM LUG. For connection of post to bottom of top panels or junction panel. Headless panel pin is always used
to connect bottom of post to panel.
(4) PIN HOLES. For insertion of captive pins to secure cross girder to posts.
(5) IDENTIFICATION PLATE. The component serial number is marked on this plate.