ARMY TM 5-5420-212-23
MARINE CORPS TM 08676A-23/2
Launching Nose Heavy (LNH)
The launching nose heavy forms the main part of the launching nose needed for 9 thru 12 bay single story, and
all double story and link reinforced bridges.
(1) DOWELS AND SOCKETS. Used to line up nose sections for connection to each other.
(2) RESILIENT MOUNTS AND GUIDE SLOTS. Used to line up pin jaws so nose pin can be inserted by hand.
(3) PIN JAWS. Takes tension load when connected by nose pin to another nose section.
(4) SHOOT BOLTS. Locks and holds top of nose section to another section during construction.
(5) CARRYING BAR BRACKETS. For connection of carrying bars used to carry panel. Two brackets on each side.